Saturday, 2 January 2010

Gyle Shopping Centre

P1010138-1
Christmassy trees at the GSC (Ghastly Shopping Centre) which could be anywhere in the world but is in reality situated on the very west edge of Edinburgh near the city bypass. It is trying to be an American "mall" I think, hence the new Frankie & Benny's. I can't say "mall" without thinking of "molls" which are,
of course, gangsters' girlfriends. Perhaps they shop there, I don't know. I do know I detest it but if I need a supermarket it's preferable to the monster Tesco in the other direction.

5 comments:

VP said...

I obviously like the picture, but you had me laughing loud with your caption. It's a bit I didn't read of molls... Great and funny post!

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

THe irony (perhaps) is that in America, so far as I know, we don't have any Frankie and Benny's!

Unless maybe they're in some other region. Not around here!

margaret said...

You are right, Anastasia, I googled it and it is an American/Italian UK chain so I guess it calls itself something else in the US. Still I could swear I have seen it in malls around Denver but I guess all those pizza/steak/salad places are all pretty samey.

Fr. John Mary, ISJ said...

Margaret: Loved the first word "Christmassy"...you don't hear that here in the States...I can hear the Scots accent as I read. Love it!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I love this picture :-)